Thursday, July 10, 2008

Breif thoughts on corporate America

Several things annoy me about corporate America. By corporate America I mean white- collar jobs that require computers (usually) and cubicles (more often than not) and monkey suits (always). Today what I don't like is the "work". Ever feel like you are busy doing things all day but get nothing useful done? Today I am working on a revamp of a corporate system by switching subgroups members belong to into fewer, larger groups. WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME. I could be doing something useful like working on my research, but nope, gotta pay the rent. I have to ask the hackneyed question-what happened? How did we get this way? Somehow someone decided that this needs to be done: paperwork NEEDS to happen, filing NEEDS to happen, data entry and other gopher work NEEDS to happen. More on this later- I have to get back to my "work."